Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner - Review

I believe that an eyeliner MUST have three qualities:long lasting, smudge proof, good pigmentation.

Although I am very comfortable with eye pencils, the fact that they don't stay long(just 3-4 hours) pushed me towards finding the 'long lasting' liner. My idea was to get something similar or close to a pencil again. After a primary search I was happy to find that there are 'felt tip pens' and finalized on 'LAKME EYE ARTIST PEN' and 'REVLON COLOR STAY LIQUID PEN' - as a beginner.

When I went to the shop and actually tried the pens, there were more cons than pros - the tip gets blocked, the ink(liquid) dries out while application, the pen should be kept inverted, etc. And then the sales girl at the shop introduced Maybelline's 'LASTING DRAMA GEL LINER' . She applied the gel to my eyes as the liner & kajal, on the water line. It looked thick, dark & perfectly well, although it caused some irritation on my water line after some time. I went home in a couple of hours and it stayed on as new.

A close look at the liner:

      (Left: Contents in the package, Middle: Flat angle, Right: Side/Pointed angle)


Contents: The gel comes in a nice sleek glass pot with an easy-to-use brush. (reminds me of the kajal dabbi :-)! )
Price: 2.8g/0.10z for 375/-
Colour: 01 Black
Packaging: Contents are packed in a cosmetics paper packaging bag.
What it claims: Quick dry, intense color, lasts all day, smudge proof & water proof.

      (Left: The gel, Right: description on the package)


My experience:

As it claims the gel does have a smooth texture and glides on perfectly well (if you have a steady hand). The best part of it is that a single stroke is sufficient to get the thick black color. Amazingly, it stayed on my eyes for 9-5 without smudging. Although I did not try any acid tests like rubbing my eyes like a 3-year old, since I was already convinced with the 'gel' formula. The brush can be used to apply thick and thin lines easily,both by beginners & experts. The only other alternative for this brush is the angled brush.

        (My gel liner look)



Pros:
Definitely, long lasting,
Has good pigmentation, dramatic color in a single stroke,
Completely smudge proof,
Perfect for winged-eye look, cat-eye look.

Cons:
Although the sales girl was pretty comfortable with the gel on water line, I believe it cannot be used on water line. Each to his own!!

Verdict: My hunt for long lasting eye liner ends here. This product will certainly be my all time favorite. A no-hassles liner, which is worth a try for anybody who loves liners. And a perfect substitute for super expensive branded MAC's gel liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment